Natural Whey Stain is a type of stain that is made from whey, a byproduct of cheese production, minerals, and natural pigments. This stain is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional synthetic stains and is suitable for use on wood and other porous surfaces.
One of the main advantages of using natural whey stain is that it is a sustainable product, as it makes use of a byproduct of the dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste. It's also safe to handle and has low VOC content
Because of the protein found in whey, the stain is able to penetrate deeply into the wood fibers, providing a more natural and durable finish than synthetic stains. It is also water resistant and can help to protect wood from rot and decay.
Natural stain with whey is also a good choice for individuals who are sensitive to chemicals, as it is free of synthetic fragrances and other harmful ingredients that are commonly found in traditional stains.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
1. Mix thoroughly: Stir from the bottom up to reincorporate solids that may have settled. DO NOT SHAKE.
2. Using a fine bristled brush, foam brush, lint-free cloth, or staining pad, apply in a thin even coat; working in one direction of the grain stretch out the finish as thin as possible.
3. Remove any pooling products in carved or detailed areas.
4. Allow One-Step-Stain to dry for 2hrs between coats. *After every other coat, lightly sand with 220+ grit sandpaper or 00+ steel wool. Remove sanding dust before applying next coat. Always sand with the grain of the wood.
5. Your final coat should be gently sanded with brown craft paper or 0000 gauge steel wool.